Thursday, October 17, 2013

Boo For You Halloween Wreath

Halloween Wreath


I love deco mesh wreaths. We live in the country and no can see the wreaths, so I just have them hanging on the inside of my door. ;) Plus it keeps the bugs out of them too. Funny story, I helped my sister-in-law make a pumpkin wreath, and when she opened the door two House Wrens flew into the house. They were nesting in the wreath. Wish I could have seen my brother trying to catch those birds. 

Materials: 
21" Halloween deco mesh (I just used one, but probably should have used 1.5-2 rolls)
2 (or more) color of 5.5" deco mesh to coordinate with the 21"
wire wreath 
black pipe cleaners

I looped the 21" deco mesh around the outside ring of the wired wreath with black pipe cleaners. I did cut the pipe cleaners in fourths for this part. 


After the outside loop I then skipped a wire, and looped the mesh around the 3rd wire.  (if I did it again, I would probably alternate it back and forth from the outside loop to the 3rd loop).


Next, I cut about 6-8 inches of the green and orange deco mesh, and just twisted it in the direction it naturally curls. Alternate the colors and pinch from the bottom. Once I folded the curly-cues up, they were bond with a pipe cleaner that was cut in half. 

I did two curly-cues of each color per bunch. 


You can add any decoration you would like. :)



Happy Crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment