Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hair Bow Holder

After I learned to make hair bows, I went on a bow making frenzy and before I knew it Catherine had so many bows laying around everywhere. Unfortunately, there is not a craft store in my little town so I headed on over to Wal-Mart to check out the craft aisle. I picked up a wood plaque pictured below and decided it would do. Happy Crafting...


Materials:
wood plaque
paint color of your choice
ribbon
hot glue gun
vinyl letters
drill 
thumb tack/ or nail

I used some left over paint that I had laying around the house to paint the plaque. There is actually an edge on this plaque that I painted white, and rest is painted pink (Catherine's favorite color at this stage).   Next, you will need to cut your ribbon to the length you prefer, with the end ribbons the same length and the middle ribbon a tad bit longer. Hot glue the ribbon with equal distance between to the back of the plaque. I then had my husband drill a hole in the top center of the plaque, so I could hang it on the wall (just make sure you don't go through the plaque. I used my Silhouette Cameo to make the vinyl letters for Catherine's initials. You can buy vinyl letters at Wal-Mart or any craft store as well. I also used a thumb tack to hang the hair bow holder with, because I don't like big holes in the wall.  





  

No comments:

Post a Comment